Monday, July 14, 2008

Bush is being lame. Duck!


Is George Bush losing it? The goofy dance steps at some of his appearances lately have been pretty strange, but I cut him some slack because he's been attending these 'socials' for seven years. I can think of worse ways for a lame duck President to get attention.

Saying " Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter" as he left the G-8 summit, for instance. And...punching... the air... while grinning widely? (His rah-rah national pride is admirable, but he may have gotten that wrong, too. It appears China may have passed us in Carbon emissions. Tsk, George, you let it happen on your watch.)

Pawing German Chancellor Angela Merkel was odd enough, though maybe in some kinky way it's connected with her keeping Barack Obama away from the Brandenburg Gate.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

It says a lot about America, and not in a good way, that we not only let a lightweight, amateur hellbent on doing everything wrong into that office, but then reupped for a second time. Granted both were slim and dubious, but it never should have been that close. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, can't get fooled again. I think a not so wise man offered that.

SteeleOnSaipan said...

My last trip to Thailand a few months back, the New Zealanders that I was running around with were hammering me, "why do Americans vote for a joke like Bush" or "do Americans even care?"

Despite explaining that I can't vote where I live, it was still embarassing.

Jeff said...

You can, Randy. If you've lived n the mainland you can vote for president there.

KAP said...

Hey, did you see the little girl fleeing in panic?.

No cheap shot from me; I agree with the blogger that it might have been the chipmunk. It's just another of those 'events' that seem to be making him crack.

(Maybe a "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him" t-shirt might help.