Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bad Grief!

Evil is not a word I throw around loosely, but what else do you call people who attack the Epilepsy Foundation website with flashing animation?

As you'd expect, it caused some seizures and headaches. Luckily, there are no reports of serious injuries. I just don't get where these griefers, hackers or whatever are coming from.

I actually saw this post on a web forum: "Wow, you guys have no sense of humor, thats damn funny. It might be morally reprehensible, but its freaking funny."

Hilarious, since nobody bit off their tongue or was killed. I found it chilling, like watching Richard Widmark in The Kiss of Death. But that was fantasy.

Speaking of fantasy, this is reprehensible, but funny:
"Some girl who played World of Warcraft died in real life, and those horrible failures of human beings planned a funeral for her... RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PVP ZONE! They posted about the event on the messageboards and urged people not to bust it up.

I don't think I need to explain what happened; the video speaks for itself."



Small grin

Now, hacking into Barak Obama's website and redirecting visitors to Hillary Clinton's, that's just good dirty fun. I'd say it's fifty-fifty whether "Mox" is even political. Except... Netcraft warns that there are still vulnerabilities that could lead to something nasty.

For some reason the comment link keeps disappearing on the main page. If that happens, just click on the headline if you have something to add, then go to the bottom for the comment link. I don't know what's going on with Blogger.

No comments: