Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abraham, Martin and... Barack?

Jeez, Hillary, you've gone too far this time.

Hillary Clinton brought up Robert F. Kennedy's assassination as one of the reasons she should stay in the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination. The remarks were made to the editorial board of South Dakota's Sioux Falls Argus-Leader but the
New York Post (Who else would it be?) is making sure they get wide play.


"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.
It wouldn't surprise me if someone took a shot at Barak Obama, because there's been a determined campaign to paint him as 'the other'. You know: 'not one of us'. The sort of dehumanizing a nation uses against its enemies when it goes to war. So the thought crossed my mind.

That's me, I kept it to myself and I'm not a national figure anyway. She should keep that sort of thing inside too, even if it pops up in guilty 3 am dreams.



And it's a hard life, it's a hard life
It's a very hard life
It's a hard life wherever you go
And if we poison our children with hatred
Then the hard life is all that they'll know


(Abraham, Martin and John, Emmylou Harris)

No comments: