Friday, September 5, 2008

Cabinet storage

Amazing, KSPN-2 reported that Lt. Gov. Timothy Villagomez was at Gov. Benigno Fitial's first cabinet meeting of the year.

The economy is in tatters, the CNMI government is essentially bankrupt and the Covenant Party seems doomed to become a memory, yet he hasn't gotten his Department Heads together to talk about it?

KSPN only asked about the Lt. Governor. Hard to believe, so I was going to double-check the 8 p.m. replay. Alas, the Commonwealth Utilities Corporation had other ideas. The story hasn't been posted on their website yet.

Their line of questioning isn't surprising, I suppose, in fact I wrote the first sentence to imply I agreed with it.

I'd be surprised if he didn't attend, and I certainly don't expect him to resign. How would you get a fair jury on an island the size of Saipan if you essentially admit guilt before the trial starts?

The mob howling for his resignation or impeachment needs to slow down and take a deep breath. The media frenzy has pretty much slammed my thought processes shut too, but I'm still willing to let him have his day in court.

Meanwhile, what's up with this government and what did the cabinet talk about?

No comments: